The Arcitura™ Educational Development Philosophy
Arcitura™ Education governs several educational programs, representing multiple schools and curricula. Courseware development teams work closely with professional subject matter experts and academic experts to create superior courses tailored for progressive IT training and, optionally, for the preparation of corresponding exams required to attain certifications.
After spending over a decade building education programs, a formal approach to developing courses, exams, and other forms of training resources evolved. This approach is based on a set of specific characteristics that ensure a baseline commitment to excellence with all training and certification deliverables produced by Arcitura™.
These fundamental characteristics are:
- Vendor-Neutral – The integrity of all Arcitura™ courses, exams, and certifications is of paramount importance. This is because it is highly beneficial for IT professionals to understand concepts, practices, processes, techniques, and industry technologies from a purely objective perspective in order to enable them to assess a given IT industry and marketplace with absolute clarity. Arcitura™ Education therefore follows a strict policy of vendor-neutrality. Specifically, Arcitura™ does not represent or resell any commercial vendor products, nor does it benefit from any sales referrals or recommendations to commercial product vendors. The guaranteed vendor-neutrality of Arcitura™ Education has positioned its schools in numerous advisory roles with high-level public sector organizations in the government and defense communities.
- Original Content – Unlike other training companies that obtain courses via acquisition, all Arcitura™ training and certification materials are original, developed solely by Arcitura™ courseware development teams and experts, and subjected to the same set of vigorous development, review, and verification processes. This guarantees a predictable level of quality and excellence throughout all Arcitura™ schools and curricula.
- Consistent Content – Even though multiple independent schools and programs are operated under the Arcitura™ Education umbrella, individual training and certification programs are subjected to a common set of baseline standards. This ensures that fundamental characteristics of individual curricula, such as terminology, diagram and symbol notation, and style and wording conventions, are kept consistent across all courses and schools. As a result, IT professionals and organizations can choose to combine courses from different programs into custom workshops while maintaining a consistent experience. Additionally, official text books published by Prentice Hall are official parts of Arcitura™ curricula, and are authored using the same notation and convention used in Arcitura™ courses and materials.
- Modular Format – Arcitura™ programs are modular on several levels. Individual topic areas are grouped into one-day course modules that provide a highly flexible means of customizing workshops and training paths so that they can be tailored to specific training requirements. This approach further enables IT professionals to build upon already completed training without having to re-take fundamental courses that may apply to multiple types of topic areas or certifications. Additionally, the modular nature of Arcitura™ curricula allows combinations of courses to be grouped and mapped to specific project or organization roles, thereby empowering an organization to develop specialized proficiency among different team members while all benefit from a common foundation of knowledge. Individual sections within courses are further modularized, allowing for more fine-grained customization.
- Currency – Arcitura™ training programs undergo regular reviews to ensure the currency of course and exam content, thereby ensuring that certification requirements remain aligned with and relevant to the contemporary IT industry.
- Validation – For any given curriculum, Arcitura™ Education works directly with the organizations and practitioners that represent the corresponding segment of the IT community. It is the role of the Education Committee to review and approve course and exam content and to further help determine balanced and appropriate certification requirements and criteria. Arcitura™ additionally employs published authors and thought leaders to help verify and align course materials with the real-world IT industry.
Coupled with Arcitura™'s comprehensive Certified Trainer Development Program, its formal educational philosophy makes Arcitura™ a de facto educational institute dedicated to the highest standards in IT training and certification.